::Post your studio pics:: (mobile, bedroom, pro, kitchen)

Operators, lets see how everyone works. Post your OP-1 setup, portable setup, your big boy pro studio, or how about your hamster running on its hamster wheel generating power for your homemade synth.

My humble setup has expanded since these were taken, but the latter pic is more recent.

My little realm: OP-1, Waldorf Pulse 2, microKorg, MicroBrute, iPad Mini retina. Also have a Volca Keys but haven’t used it much lately…the same is true for the Casio VL Tone…

Looks optimal jooga, do you like your Microbrute? I’m thinking of getting the new SE version, but I’m afraid that would miss playing chords since it’s monophonic.

Looks optimal jooga, do you like your Microbrute? I'm thinking of getting the new SE version, but I'm afraid that would miss playing chords since it's monophonic.
The Brute sounds cool but every now and then it becomes very erratic...tends to drop MIDI sync, fails to power up properly... I guess I'll keep it anyways because it can really sound very different compared to, say, the Pulse. The Brute is fierce, dirty, metallic and I like that. Great for basses and leads...for chords you need to go elsewhere, that's true. :) I like the sequencer feature a lot, too. The MiniBrute SE looks very nice but I guess if I wanted a Mini next to my Micro I'd buy the original edition used, they sell for as low as 300 EUR.

workspace. ,-,-

I need an Elektron in my life.

Looks optimal jooga, do you like your Microbrute? I'm thinking of getting the new SE version, but I'm afraid that would miss playing chords since it's monophonic.
The Brute sounds cool but every now and then it becomes very erratic...tends to drop MIDI sync, fails to power up properly... I guess I'll keep it anyways because it can really sound very different compared to, say, the Pulse. The Brute is fierce, dirty, metallic and I like that. Great for basses and leads...for chords you need to go elsewhere, that's true. :) I like the sequencer feature a lot, too. The MiniBrute SE looks very nice but I guess if I wanted a Mini next to my Micro I'd buy the original edition used, they sell for as low as 300 EUR.

Dirty and metallic sounds good, but is there room for more softer, warm, organic, sounds as well?

@Kites yes, it is possible to tame the Brute a little but it will never be as warm and smooth as
the Pulse…or any Moog, of course… that said, the Pulse is more of an all-around analog synth and I usually find myself tweaking it and not the Brute. The Pulse offers paraphonic mode, has 3 oscillators and sounds fat, big, warm, organic. The Brute is great but the Pulse is even greater, especially for the price.

Quite proud of the K’NEX stands XD
here’s the mixer one, ridiculously sturdy:

hey johnny ego i have one of those danelectros. I love the sound but hate that bridge! plus its so lightweight!

InnerPortalStudio2014-03

Usually the OP-1 is right to the left of the laptop. :)

@beefinator lovin those stands

@beefinator +1 on stands,excellent.Healthy selection of out board too.

This is my little portable battery powered setup.

I need to get a Kenton USB Host or an iConnectMidi to be able to control everything via the OP1’s clock then i’ll be laughing :slight_smile:

I just got the Zoom Stomp Box yesterday and have been playing with it tonight. It’s got some Eventide Reverb simulations in there.

The Zoom multistomps are so much bang for the buck @spacetravelmadeeasy. I opted for the MS-100BT since it has more effects (has the MS-50G stuff, too) and the ones it is missing from the 70CDR and 60B can be had from my iPhone (and many are free).

I think @Tarekith wins the “pimpin’ ain’t easy” award for how clean that setup is.
InnerPortalStudio2014-03

Usually the OP-1 is right to the left of the laptop. :)

How do those monitors work? Do they have built-in subs? I like your wall art- even more so if it’s an acoustic treatment.

Yes, they are full-range monitors, custom Tyler Acoustic D2x’s. The wall art is a picture I took at Deception Pass State Park here in washington, and yes it’s actually been printed to a fabric and covers a GIK Acoustics 244 panel. Spoonflower.com does cheap fabric printing, I think it was like $20.

those zooms are awesome

I was just visiting friends on a farm on Whidbey Island @Tarekith.