Anyone heard of the new standalone MPC Live & MPCX?

Quickstart manual here : https://fccid.io/pdf.php?id=3190872

I’m GASing like a MF!

mpc live

mpc live2

Whoa doggy!

Did this just come out? I can’t find any info on it

About time! If this is a reality of course!
How much dosh I wonder,? Balls on a dog this will be HUGE!
Pioneer, jog (wheel) on the daddy is back.

As awesome as this is, is it really better than a Push 2 and Ableton. Sure it’s one thing instead of two, but it looks enormous and you have to record it to computer anyways. Just playing devils advocate a bit.

As awesome as this is, is it really better than a Push 2 and Ableton. Sure it's one thing instead of two, but it looks enormous and you have to record it to computer anyways. Just playing devils advocate a bit.

Looks very cool in terms of being able to integrate sessions from studio/around the house/rehearsal spaces/shows etc in the same box. Would have been nice to see some real innovation or at least keeping up with the joneses kind of stuff tho (Step sequencer/scene fader or ribbon touchstrip etc).

But as far as it being a modern mpc it could be very interesting… Someone on the mpc forum is saying it’ll be around 899 dollars…

Keen to find out about the features/functions. Mainly -
How many tracks.
Are tracks polyphonic.
Timestreching.
Quality of fx. How many fx per track.
What the sequencing workflow is like.
Parameter locks etc.

meh, new akai is kinda crappy. i’m gunna take a wait and see approach.

The sheer amount of ways you can get sounds into this thing is refreshing, the storage is great too.
2in/out midi is a nice no nonsense affair, always miss 2midi ins, and it’s not exactly short of audio connections either.
As long as they don’t ‘do a Roland’ I think there are going to be quite a few happy choppers!

I said I was GASing about it in my original post but I’m so used to the instant beatmaking fun of the OP-1 that I’m not sure I’m ready for a heavy spec machine. That’s what dragged me away from the MPC1k in the 1st place.

Nevertheless absolutely keen to see what’s cooking.

@callifthevoid if that price is true, this is pretty beast!

Here is the link started the rumor (courtesy from @callofthevoid)

http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=1709491#p1709491

I’ve heard it would run on a battery !!!
This is really very good news.
MIDI IN and OUT, 3 stereo outs, 1 stereo IN + Phono IN
I keep some money for this !!
Always wanted a proper standalone MPC ^^

This looks sexyy !

looks pretty stealth.

probably one of the most anticipated pieces of gear from the last decade - a standalone new MPC!
about time Akai! :wink:

I really hope this turns out to be good. Been waiting on something likes this for a long while.

built-in li-ion battery apparently. I´ll never not be happy to see a new hardware sampler on the market, hope this thing is a winner!

Leaks report two new pieces of gear, MPC Live and MPC Eclipse.

Leaks report two new pieces of gear, MPC Live and MPC Eclipse.

Keeps on giving!

I’m totally on board for the Live. 100%.

If you can assign different backing tracks/samples to the different outputs, I might lose my mind. Can’t wait to check this out.

Nice the Live has 4 outs!