OP-Z is now working in app again.

Can anyone help with this? The OP-Z is connected to the app via bluetooth. It shows up in devices after pressing button on the bottom and then connecting but when I go to the OP-Z page to see the parameters it says no connection. Restarted everything and reinstalled app on ipad. Any thoughts? thanks!

maybe i’m wrong but this shit is so new that i doubt anyone besides TE will be able to help u.
send them an email…?

Did you update the firmware?

Yes on the firmware. I just fixed it though. I had to do a factory reset. I must have done something that messed it up because half the time I have no idea what parameters I’m adjusting. I backed up my project though and dropped that back in there so I didnt lose work.

@hydroid: I can help (beta tester). When you press “scan” after pressing the button on the bottom, do you see the OP-Z listed and then connect? Also, what iOS device are you using? When you say it says “no connection”, what are you seeing? Maybe you could make a video to show what’s going on?

I had this issue during beta testing. Try a factory reset of the opz (hold screen + stop)

Edit: didn’t see your post that you’d fixed it

Factory reset worked.

glad i was wrong :blush:

@hydroid: you were too quick - you must have fixed it while I was typing my reply! Glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

I restarted my ipad and the blutooth connection worked. All fine now.